To give you the short answer, a serviced apartment is a fully furnished apartment, available for both short-term and long-term stays, providing amenities for daily use, housekeeping and a range of other services, all included within the rental price. Now, you might be thinking: “Sounds a lot like a hotel.” But nope, they are actually two very different things. So what exactly is the difference between a hotel and a serviced apartment?
Hotels and serviced apartments – comparing apples and oranges
Serviced apartments offer facilities much like a traditional hotel but with added space, convenience and privacy like home, so you can enjoy living like a local when travelling – and usually at a much lower cost.
Most online booking sites have long offered serviced apartments, but with no separate category – most are just labelled “apartment” and offered as another option alongside regular hotel rooms. The problem is, serviced apartments offer much more than just the physical dimensions of an apartment and shouldn’t be compared to traditional hotel rooms either.
But the term is slowly becoming more well-known also outside the business travel space, also because more and more leisure travellers are finding that serviced apartments are available and offer a credible and cost-effective alternative. They are especially economical for longer stays and for group and family travel.
Your home away from home
These days, especially business travellers are looking for alternative accommodation solutions when away from home in order to have a more comfortable stay. If you are a business professional who is continuously living out of a suitcase and staying in traditional hotel rooms, you will appreciate the features of a serviced apartment. They allow for space, privacy and comfort in your own surrounding and the freedom to do exactly the same things you would do at home:
Prepare your own meals in your kitchen, finish up work in the living room, throw your sports clothes in the washing machine after a run, then kick back and watch Netflix in your bedroom.
The advantages of a serviced apartment compared to traditional hotels in a nutshell:
A serviced apartment is more of a home, with utilities that enable more freedom and comfort.
A serviced apartment typically has more square meters than a traditional hotel room. We have room for your sports equipment!
A serviced apartment is substantially cheaper than a hotel room when staying for a longer period of time. Both because of the actual cost of the apartment compared to a hotel room, but also because of the possibility to cook for yourself and not having to eat out on every meal.
A serviced apartment resembles the culture of the specific area. It gives insight into what a real local apartment would look like, giving a more comprehensive immersion of the culture and values compared to hotel rooms, which usually all look alike.
In Forenom Serviced Apartments you will get:
- Central location or very good connections to public transportation
- Self-contained apartments normally within a residential building
- Gyms, restaurants and stores nearby
- All utilities included i.e. water & electricity
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fully equipped kitchen, usually including e.g. Dishwasher, Electric kettle, Fridge, Oven, Microwave, Toaster, Coffee maker, Cutlery, Cooking utensils, Washing up detergent, Kitchen roll, Grease-proof paper
- Other amenities to get you started in your temporary home, usually including e.g. Hairdryer, Vacuum cleaner, Cleaning tools and detergent, Iron and ironing board, Laundry rack, Toilet paper, Hand soap, Shampoo and Conditioner
- Living area with TV
- Bed linen and towels
- Bathroom with shower and washing machine
- Depending on your selected service level, we can take care of the cleaning for you. From daily to one-time cleaning, you decide.
- Keys available via a safety deposit box or pick-up from the local Forenom office, or code lock for completely key-less entry access
- Access to 24-hour helpline: Did you break a chair? The AirCon too warm? Forenom’s own maintenance team is ready to jump in a car to help you!
In other words, Forenom Serviced Apartments offer you a move-in ready solution, where you can enjoy comfort and convenience so that you’ll feel right at home even when you’re travelling.
Book your home-like Forenom Apartment now!
Or chat with our customer service in the bottom right corner of the page!
Read these next: